Universite Laval in Canada is inviting applications for a tenure-track faculty position
The Management Information Systems department at the Faculty of Business Administration of Universite Laval is inviting applications for a tenure-track faculty position.
Candidates from all university ranks will be accepted.
The Candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree in business administration with a specialization in management information systems or equivalent.
1. Teaching undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students in subjects related to management information systems;
2. Conducting research in management information systems and related subjects;
3. Supervising the research activities of graduate and doctoral students (essays and thesis) and participating in continuing education activities;
4. Contributing to the life of the department, school and university;
5. Developing links with the academic and business communities.
1. Hold a Ph.D. degree in business administration with a specialization in management information systems or equivalent. Candidates may be in the process of completing their doctoral studies in this field;
2. Have an excellent publication record or demonstrate a strong potential for future publications;
3. Be able to teach in the subjects related to MIS;
4. Demonstrate research interests compatible with those of the MIS department;
5. During a presentation to department members of the candidate's research, demonstrate the ability to transmit research results effectively and explain the scientific implications and practical contributions to business management;
6. During a presentation to department members, demonstrate the ability to develop links with the academic and business communities;
7. During a presentation to department members, demonstrate the ability to deliver high quality instruction in the field of expertise;
8. Have the aptitude (potential) for communicating and teaching in French, as well as a mastery of English; Successful candidates who do not know French will be given 2-3 years to learn French.
9. Be familiar with the other disciplines of business administration;
10. Demonstrate the ability to obtain research funding.
The application package must include copies of diplomas conferred, a letter of intention and detailed curriculum vitae presenting experience, publications and ongoing research.
All applications are treated in strict confidence. Candidates must be able to provide references upon request.
Terms of employment and treatment
Salary according to the current collective agreement at Universite Laval.
For further information on research activities related to the position, candidates are invited to consult the department website at: Université Laval
Application deadline: 15 October 2020
Starting date: 1 June, 2021
Applications can be sent by email to:
The files will be analyzed as and when they are received. Virtual pre-interviews will be held for successful applications. Campus visits will take place from the beginning of January to the end of February if allowed and by respecting the rules of Health Canada. If campus visits cannot take place, virtual interviews will be conducted.
Universite Laval subscribes to an equal access to employment program for women, members of visible or ethnic minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities. Adaptation of the selection tools can be offered to persons with disabilities according to their needs and in complete confidentiality.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to qualified individuals with Canadian citizenship or permanent residency.